RCCC Rules of conduct
PLEASE PRINT OUT AND SIGN OUR WAIVER AND BE SURE TO BRING IT WITH YOU
- Represent the organization with professionalism, dignity, and pride, and be responsible for conducting ourselves with courtesy and appropriate behavior at all times.
- Display respect and courtesy at all times for officers, members, volunteers, program participants, visitors, and guests.
- Act as stewards of RCCC and Activity Committee facilities and equipment, by treating it with care on and off the water and abiding with requirements as set forth by the RCCC and Activity Committee Chairs with respect to use of facilities and equipment.
- Promote safety on and off the water at all times, by following the rules and directives set forth by officers and event coordinators with regard to programs, activities, and events, as well as the regulations of the USCG and NYC Harbor Police and general navigation and weather-related guidelines.
- Respect the privacy of persons served by the organization and hold in confidence sensitive, private, and personal information.
- All canoers must wear life jackets at all times - program is terminated if a member uses equipment without a life jacket.
- Canoe Season runs from May 1st through November 1st.
- Evening equipment use: a white signal light is required in the canoe.
- Annual membership dues and fees are not refundable.
- Participants over 18 must sign an adult waiver. Participants under 18 years (and parents) must sign the minor waiver.
- Membership is available to adults and mature youth (16+ years). Youth (under 16) may participate if accompanied by an adult.
- Members can not get upset when canoes are sunk, stolen, or destroyed.
- Members should strive to live by the RCCC Oath.